Monday, January 27, 2014

(Trying to Be) The Favorite Child

I headed home this past weekend, solo. It's been a long time since I went home just by myself. Usually, I have David in tow because we actually have something to do there like a holiday, wedding, etc. Love the man, but it was good to just spend some QT with my parents. He ended up going down to Cincinatti to visit friends & have a man-weekend. Win-win. I pictured my cat having a Home Alone-esque weekend by his lonesome at home.

I went up there because my mom broke her ankle in three places two weeks ago & she had surgery last week. My plan was to do as many chores as possible for her and my dad. I did some things, sure, but if we're being honest, there was a Harry Potter marathon on TV...so...woops. My dad cleaned out my car for me (& chastised me for it's messiness in the process), my mother waddled from room to room with her walker, & there was a blizzard & it was too cold to function (unsurprising for NEOhio in the winter). Sadly, I only got to see one of my friends, but I am going to try to make an effort to go visit more this year, to at least see my friends.

As I am writing this, I realized that I haven't been to downtown-ish Cleveland in over a year and a half. Make your jokes, but Cleveland to me is still just the best. In my opinion the food & restaurant scene there is far better than Columbus & I probably tell people that on a weekly basis.

 

In awesome news, I booked my vacation with David & MY PARENTS this past weekend. We're heading (back) to Tybee Island in the beginning of June. Growing up, we really didn't do many family vacations. My dad wasn't able to get the time off from work & the age gap between my sisters & I was much bigger then. I never minded it, though. I guess it's probably because I didn't know better. But, I decided this year I wanted to take my parents to my very favorite place & to show them everything about Savannah, Georgia that I am crazy about. Plus, my parents need & deserve a vacation. 2013 was one hell of a year for them. It's going to be interesting, to say the least. There is a running joke in my family that my older sister, Crissy (the middle child), is the favorite or the "golden child". If it isn't apparent by this post, I am trying to nudge her out

Did you guys plan any vacations for this year? Georgia isn't the only place I am going. I am heading to Vegas in April & also in planning mode to see Kate this year too! Hooray for 2014! I feel like it's going to be the best.

photos: here & here 

No comments:

Post a Comment