Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I'll See You When I Get There



For those of you (which I am assuming is most of you) that don't know, I live in Columbus, Ohio. It's a great city with a lot of culture, one of the best zoos in the United States & we happen to one the seven smartest cities in the world. So, that's pretty awesome. However, I was completely certain we have the worst drivers ever.

I have only flown a handful of times & from what I have experienced, I completely prefer it to driving (mainly because there isn't anyone going slow in front of me). But, based on how expendy flying can be, I have drove to most of my destinations (or, once I got to a destination by flight, I drove from there). Nothing & nowhere compares to the drivers of this lovely city I live in.

accurate.
This morning I awoke to see a dusting of snow covering my car & small patches of ice on the ground. The first of the season. Besides the fact that I loathe the winter, it wasn't a big deal (Being born and raised in NE Ohio, I have dealt with this for years). I scrambled to get ready so I could leave a few minutes early because I knew what I was in for.



I have to take 3 different highways to get to work, so I knew I was in for a treat. Instantly, I was in stop & go traffic. Once cars actually started moving, I realized there was literally nothing stopping them. No accident, no hidden police officer, nothing.  Basically, what generally takes me 20 minutes to get to work took me 45 because there was snow of the ground. Somewhere.

Don't let me fool you, this doesn't happen JUST with snow, as many out-of-towners have asked, "why can't people in Columbus drive in the rain/nighttime/at all?" I wish I knew. Honestly, some days it takes me over an hour to get home for no real reason.  So, I was certain we had the worst drivers. However, after doing some research, I have found that my city is #139 (of 194)...in the best drivers list. How we aren't the last is crazy to me & the 55 cities under us? Well, I hope them the best.

photos: here & here

No comments:

Post a Comment