Monday, March 23, 2015

A Little Cake

I was in Ohio last weekend and unfortunately I didn't have enough time to bake with my mom and by the time I got back to Georgia I was too tired and had too much to do to bake. However, I got the itch yesterday to make something. David is working from home all this week so to occupy my time I whipped together a little cake.

I should start by saying that I am not a big cake fan. I don't love sugary or buttercream icing & I always choose a fruit pie over a chocolate cake. For my birthday, my loved ones have always purchased me an ice cream cake instead of anything homemade. But, when I saw the recipe for this cake, I knew I had to make it. It looked too good.

This was the easiest thing I have made so I have no doubt that anyone can whip this up. I did make an adjustment just based on taste, but I don't believe it disturbed the integrity of the cake.
Instead of using frozen raspberries, I used frozen raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. I'd be lying if I said the majority of this change wasn't based on selection at Trader Joe's. However, I wasn't mad cause I knew it would still be delicious.

In the larger bowl I whisked together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In the smaller bowl, I mixed together the eggs, ricotta, and vanilla until it was all smooth. Next, I stirred the ricotta mixture into the flour mixture and gently added the butter.
I added about a cup of the berries to the batter, gently mixing them so not to crush. From there, scrape it all into a greased 9 inch round pan.













Bake at 350* for 50 to 60 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.

BOOM. FIN.

I should note that my month of baking is coming to an end. David's birthday is this weekend and he is requesting an ice cream cake. I'll probably bake something else because there is something I am craving. However, to keep up with this blog's intentions I will be trying something else next month exclusively. I will say that I did buy my first sewing machine & I am going out this afternoon to purchase some supplies!

I hope you all are having a great week!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment